Sunday, February 27, 2011

Incline Club, uh huh!!

Today was my first ever run with the famous Incline Club. I opted for the long run, man did we hit it hard today. For those that are familiar with the Colorado Springs / Manitou trails, we ran from town to Ute Pass Trail, to Waldo Canyon, to Longs Ranch Road, to Barr Trail. Overall, about 19.5 miles and somewhere around 5000 feet elevation gain. There is one three mile stretch of Longs Ranch Road that gains 1000 feet per mile for three miles. That is a lot of climbing.

I primarily ran with another newbie to the Incline Club, we were lucky we didn't get lost. I ended up being out about 30 minutes longer than I planned, so I was kicking hard down Barr Trail to make it home on time. After all, it is my anniversary (12 years).

Here are a few pics from the run:


Waldo Canyon trail with Pikes Peak in the background.


Looking up Longs Ranch Road.

Now for the rest of the anniversary... laundry, cleaning and dinner at home. Woo-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment