Thursday, February 24, 2011

Glass Half Full

The last couple of days I have not been super excited about running. I have been getting out of bed 5-10 minutes late. Checking the internet for 5-10 minutes before getting dressed. Just kind of dragging my feet prior to getting out the door. The last two days I have had runs of 3 miles and 4 miles, not really setting the world on fire for mileage. Then I realized, any other time I would have skipped out on the runs entirely. Even during Leadville training, I had down weeks, and I still finished. So I am just going to be happy with the fact that I still managed to drag myself out the door.

Speaking of Leadville, Jen was asking me yesterday if I was secretly planning to run the race this year. She gets suspicious of me any time my training picks up, as she knows I do want to repeat in the LT100 to try to improve my time. After I (honestly) told her I had no intentions this year, I browsed the website only to find the race is full. I am not sure this has ever happened before. 750 runners are already signed up for the 100 mile jaunt through the mountains. Crazy.

I do need to find something to do in the fall. Maybe a triathlon? Another 50? A trail marathon? Perhaps a new 100 miler... (doubt it)?

No comments:

Post a Comment