Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ski Weekend

Had to take a break this weekend to get in some skiing with the family and friends at Monarch. We had 8 adults and 11 kids taking over the Monarch Mountain lodge and has a great weekend. Technically, I think I should be able to count skiing with the kids as a workout. If you have ever held a wedge for 7 hours while helping pick up and holdling 50 pound kids you would understand this really is a workout. Still, it is a blast to watch them get better and better every time we go out. Even Paige was skiing independently and making some turns by the end of the day.

On Sunday we headed to Salida and hung out for the day. We did some exploring in the area north of town, and I was amazed by the amount of singletrack. There are beautiful trails everywhere you look. I can see myself getting back there sometime in the summer to get some running and riding in.

I did get out tonight for an easy 5 miles in the blistering wind and sleet (fun?). As always, once I got out everything felt great. Still going to try to get out in the am and again tomorrow night with Trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment