Sunday, July 5, 2009

Down time...

I am not good at taking rest, never have been, and have no desire to get good at it. However, this weekend, I had to. I got in a nice 6 mile run Friday night, and just was still feeling off. My head cold had moved to my.... NOOOO.... Lungs!! When you are a distance runner, this is generally not good news. Oh well, it is not like I am on a deathbed, just real congested. I was scheduled to run between 26 and 30 miles today, and I had to scale it back to 10. I do think I am starting to get over the hump, so I will try to make up some lost ground this week.

We had a happy fourth none-the-less, and Mason enjoyed his first Independence Day as an American. Of course, he did sleep through the fireworks, but hey, it was a long hard day at the pool.

Happy Fourth to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment