Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crunch time

OK - officially 45 days to race day. I am a bit concerned as I had a real short week last week (31 miles) due to being under the weather. I am starting to feel much better, and I got out for a fast 5 mile run today and really felt strong. I could still feel a bit of congestion, but nothing even close to where it had been.

This will be a big week, as I need to post ~50 miles as I get back up to speed, and I have already lost 2 days with only 5 miles. If I can make the miles this week and be 100% by the weekend, I think I will be in good shape. Body don't fail me now!!

In the rest of the family athletic news, Jen's training for the Pikes Peak Ascent is really progressing, as she has been on the mountain a minimum of once a week for the last 3 weeks. Tomorrow morning Sam has a swim meet where he will be swimming 25 free, 25 breast, 25 back, and I think he is a part of the 100 free relay team. What a stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment