Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Series #1

Today was the first race in the fall series put on by the Pikes Peak Roadrunners. I ran the adults race and did better than I really expected. I guess the truth is that I did not know what to expect, since this was my first race since Leadville last year. It had been way too long, but this is a fun series and a good way to ease back into running. My race was just 3.5 miles but it included a half a mile upstream through a stream. That seriously saps the energy out of you!!

The highlight of the day was the series of kids races, where all 4 of our kids were able to participate. They all did great, including Mason who got his first bib and ribbon today.

Here is a shot from before there start:




Here are Mason and Paige at their starts:









And a proud Mason following his race:





What a great way to spend a day!!

Cheers! Scott

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment