Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

We had a good time camping this weekend in Chalk Canyon, on the creek right next to the lake. Hiking, Fishing, Eating, Exploring... good times. Of course, we are excluding the details like the 5 straight hours of rain Saturday. Minor setback. We did wake up to a beautiful Sunday where we ate Breakfast Burritos, soaked in Hot Springs and headed home.

Mason did great on his first camping excursion. He slept great Friday night and hardly at all on Saturday night, which we think was as much about teething as anything.

You will notice I did not mention much about running, as with the poor weather Saturday it really made it impossible for me to get out while we were in the mountains. Sometimes life gets in the way, I guess I am just fortunate it is a really good life.

Once we got home, unpacked (almost) and took out time to celebrate Alice's birthday (tomorrow, Daddy will be traveling) my wife sent me out for a father's day run. Seven miles of hills, trails, and perfect weather, just as the sun was setting behind the mountains.

More miles will come this week, as I usually manage pretty good mileage when I am on the road.
Besides, what else is there to do in Roswell, NM???

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment