Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fast Progress - Fast Company

Well, it has not even been a week since we kicked off the fundraiser, and we were approaching $400 as of yesterday morning!! That is outstanding.

I was invited to lunch yesterday by my LT100 partner to join a local Colorado Springs woman who holds the distinguished title of 3 time "Leadwoman". This essentially means that three different times (2004, 2006 and 2008) she completed the 5 Leadville events, a 10k run, a mountain marathon, a 50 mile run, a 100 mile Mountain Bike, and the 100 mile run. Pretty amazing. Kim was a wealth of information, and we scored major veteran advice, well worth the price of lunch.

I did get out for a 6 mile run this morning, pretty slow with a lot of hills. Goods news is my tightness in my back is almost totally gone, and I can get back to normal. Should be able to get in a solid 90 minute run tomorrow morning before work, then we are off to camping in the mountains (maybe I can sneak away for a bit of real mountain running).

Thanks again all, and I will get some pictures up real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment