Friday, June 17, 2011

Am I a Cyclist??

Growing up, I rode bikes... everywhere, everyday. I competitively raced bmx, was very into freestyle, and as highschool came I transitioned directly into Mountain Biking. Rode in college as well. However, about 2 years into my time at MSU, the bikes were getting expensive to maintain, and I needed to get into shape, so I bought a pair of running shoes. It wasn't long before I was a runner who also rode bikes.

Over the last 5 weeks I have not been able to run at all. I am going to the doctor next week but my fear is still that I have a stress fracture in my left fibula (I did have a P.A. with foot and ankle experience check it out and validate my self prognosis may be correct). So I have been looking to other means of staying in shape.

It is not that I ever really got away from riding,  more that it became less of a primary focus and more of an occasional venture. Well, the last few weeks I have ridden about 4 days a week, and I am starting to regain the love. Might even compete later this year, who knows.

The good new is, I am not just sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment