Thursday, March 8, 2012

Is Anybody Out There???

Ok, so I took a little break from writing (7 months or so). I've been busy... really busy... Most anybody who would happen to read this likely already knows, in the time since my last post I have moved to the mountains of Frisco, Colorado, and bought a business.

Jennifer and I purchased an existing outdoor retail store which included 2 brick and mortar storefronts, a consignment and closeout store, as well as a growing web retail business. We specialize in backcountry skiing and other cold weather sports in the winter, and we have a full service bicycle shop in the summer. Oh yeah, and we will be carrying a full line of trail running gear this spring!!

As for me, running took a hit as we made this transition, but it is starting to materialize again. I felt better tonight on a little 6.5 mile jaunt than I have in a long time, and I feel like it is time to start picking up mileage. I need to find a race! I think I might start with a trail marathon before I start talking ultras, but I would like to finish at least a 50 miler by the end of the year. I will say this, within a mile of my door I have miles and miles and miles of trails, and that is nice.

More to come, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Save those knees! You know where those genes came from....hopefully all from the maternal side.

    ReplyDelete