Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Taper

I have entered the taper for my big race. I am currently 10 days from the start, 11 days from the finish. The training has gone well, I feel prepared. We have the logistics mostly worked out, crew, pacers, place to sleep, etc. There is a lot that goes into planning this type of race, it is not simply a "wake up and head to the start line" sort of deal.

I am now just running mid mileage in my mornings, and I am working on things like what I want to wear, and what all to load in the car as extra gear. As you might imagine, you can encounter almost any weather, from freezing snow to scorching heat. Makes it hard to pack light.

The donations have gone very well, and I know for sure that we will end up over $1000. Awesome.

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment